One hundred and twenty South Whidbey second graders came to Greenbank Farm for two days in early May 2014.
Among their activities:
- a hike to the ridge to see both “sides of the Sound” and to hear about Puget Sound and its health and beauty,
- learning about the sheep and chickens on the Farm and the roles that they play.
- learning about native birds and habitats, identifying bird calls, and observing birds and learning to use binoculars.
It was a great two days of learning and partnership for all involved!
South Whidbey Elementary School
- 2nd grade teachers – Betsy Hofius, Danni Curgiss, Leslie Woods and Laura Anthony
Whidbey ECO Network member organizations
- Audubon Society
- Greenbank Farm
- SEA (Service Education Adventure)